Thursday, July 29, 2010

I want to go HOME!!!


The visit to the cottage was going spectacularly well. Little B had managed to walk to the beach, play in the sand, splash in the water and have a ride in the green boat with Auntie L.

"I didn't scream," he pointed out to Simone.

"You're right," Simone agreed. "You didn't scream."

"I didn't cry," little B continued.

"You're right. You didn't cry and that's excellent. I'm very proud of you."

"I need to go potty."

Simone rolled with the punches of the conversation. "Okay. Let's go back to the cottage and use the potty."

Little B went through the motions but it was no good.

"Nothing's coming out," he said.

"Then get dressed."

"I want to go home," he said.

"Try again," suggested Simone.

Little B sat on the potty to no avail.

"I want to go home."

"Oh," said Simone. So it's like THAT is it?

And when they got home two hours later, it was indeed like that...

No comments: