Monday, April 8, 2013

Where's my ABC carpet?

"Mom, I need your help," said B. "Okay," said Simone. "What do you need help with?" "Follow me," he says. "It's in my room." He leads Simone into his bedroom and goes straight to the closet. Simone's heart sinks as B stares up at the closet shelf. "Where did it go?" B wonders aloud. Simone takes a cautious step backward but it's too late: B has remembered her presence there. "Where's my ABC carpet?" He asks pointedly. "It used to be on my shelf. Right there." He points at the now empty shelf. "Um..." Hedges Simone. "I don't know." Strictly speaking, this is true. "Did you just bring it to Goodwill?" He asks, knowing his mother's habits. "I didn't JUST bring it to Goodwill," protests Simone. It had been at least two months since she'd brought the carpet to Goodwill. "That's it," B threw his arms up in the air. "I'm writing a letter to Santa."

No comments: