Thursday, November 7, 2013

Whaddya mean we're going on a plane now?

Simone's mind whirled. In the last few hours, she'd opened an anniversary card at 1 in the morning, discovered that her gift was a trip to Bermuda and that no, she did not have to pack anything at all: hubby had filled a suitcase with brand new clothing and dresses - all her size. The same service had been given to B who, groggy and a little grumpy at the early wake up call, sat in the back seat of the car. Now the car was pulling up to the airport. As soon as they went through the airport doors, Simone was greeted by her second oldest son and his girlfriend. "Surprise!" They cheered. "We're going with you!" "Wait a minute," B called out. "What day is it?" "It's Friday," Simone replied, bracing for the storm. "But I have one more day of camp! Today is my last day of camp! Take me home now! I don't want to go on a plane! I want to go to camp!" Poor little guy...

No comments: