Friday, June 6, 2014

C'mon and fly with us!

"Ireland," my mom shook her head. "Why didn't you tell me you were going to Ireland?" "I'm telling you now," I say, pointing out the obvious. "Did you want to come with us?" Hubby asks. "I've got enough air miles to fly you there if you'd like." For a few moments, my mother remains too stunned to speak. "I couldn't," she reluctantly says. "When are you going?" We tell her and again, she shakes her head. "I'll be on the Island then, in PEI. It would be too much." "How many chances are you going to get to go to Ireland with your daughter and your grandson?" My husband points out. My mother bursts into tears. "It's not like we're going to go to Ireland again," hubby expands on his earlier question under my icy stare. I raise my eyebrow, challenging him. "Um, okay," he relents but very reluctantly. "Maybe we'll like it so much we'll go again." Sigh...

No comments: