Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Messing with my mind here...

Early in the morning, shortly after 9, the doorbell rang. The dogs barked, of course, in case the noise of the bell wasn't enough to tell me that someone was at the door. I went to answer it and a mail carrier stood there with two packages. I stared, slack jawed, for a good 10 seconds. "I've got a couple of packages," she shrugged apologetically. "I wouldn't have rung the doorbell but I need your signature." She held the machine forward so I could sign. I didn't touch it for a moment. I looked behind me and saw my son. Nope. He wasn't at school. My husband called from the kitchen. He wasn't at work. I shook my head, wondering whether I was stuck in a time warp. The mail carrier laughed. "You're right," she said even though I hadn't said a word. "It IS Sunday. But we're overwhelmed with packages so until Christmas, we're also delivering on Sundays."

No comments: