Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Timeless advice from Mom


Simone complained to her mother about the online college she was attending. "They still haven't figured out how to handle my final exam," she whined. "There's only a couple of weeks to go and they haven't gotten in touch with me about setting up something. I can't believe they want me to travel all the way to Ottawa to sit an exam when it's an online course!"

"Dear?" Simone's Mom interrupted gently.

Simone stopped her diatribe. "What?"

"Why don't you tell them what to do?" Simone's Mom suggested.

Simone's mouth opened. Then closed. Then opened again. "You're sure? I mean we're talking about a college here, not a friend or a kid or something..."

"I'm sure," Simone's Mom replied. "You tell everyone what to do. Why stop at a college?"

Indeed...

No comments: