Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I done!


Little B went to church with Simone. Weekday masses are short and moderately attended. A perfect time to go with the little one, thought Simone. That way, he'll make less of a disturbance.

As they entered the church, Simone tried to explain all the various rituals and little made a credible impression of someone listening. Then he opened the psalm book and studied it.

"Nice songs," he declared, sliding the book back in its place. "What you doing?"

"I am kneeling," whispered Simone. "And then I put my palms together like this and I pray. Do you want to try praying too?"

Little B nodded and kneeled next to Simone, the fingers of each hand interlaced. He lasted a few seconds before fidgetting.

"Okay," he announced loudly. "I done praying, Naan-naan!"

No comments: