Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Scissors?


Little B had a hole in his shirt. He frowned at it.

"Did you want to fix it now?" Simone asked.

Little B nodded, wriggling out of the t-shirt.

Simone climbed up the ladder and reached for her sewing box - it's full of sharp bits so it's kept out of the four year old's grasp. "Did you want to help me fix the t-shirt?" Simone asked little B.

He nodded, eyeing the needles and scissors with suspicion. Simone threaded the needle and asked little B to help her cut the thread. Just as she finished sewing up the very small hole, little B announced, "I cut my hair!"

And sure enough, the little guy who is terrified of salons and hairdresers and scissors had cut a lock off his head. With a pair of very sharp scissors!

"Little B!" Admonished Simone. "I thought you didn't like getting your hair cut."

"It's okay," he chopped off another lock and Simone retrieved the scissors. "I cut my own hair."

Can you say recipe for disaster?

Simone has hidden all the scissors in the house.

No comments: