Friday, September 12, 2014

Wait! I thought we were going for a long car ride?

"Would you like to go back to Hope Lake Lodge this weekend?" Hubby asked me. "Sure," I said. As soon as he told me he'd made the reservations, I started packing for the three of us. "I'll pick you up between 11 am and noon on Friday," hubby told me. "I'd like to beat traffic if we can." I agreed but when he arrived on Friday, I wasn't quite ready. B hadn't finished his lunch and I still had some chores to do. I wasn't concerned: after all, a drive is a drive is a drive. A few minutes either way won't make a difference. Hubby grumbled but we managed to pile into the car only 15 minutes behind schedule. We drove down the 400, over to the 407 and onto the 427. "Wait a second!" I cried. "Why are you going this way?" He gave me some lame story about preferring the QEW - news to me - but then a couple of texts chimed in on my phone and I got distracted. The next time I looked up, we were at the airport. Wait. The airport? Yup. "Surprise!" Hubby chimed in. "What?" B cried. "I can't watch my movie anymore?" Apparently not. "So... where are we going?" I asked. "It's a surprise!" Hubby told me. And he asked me to stay with the luggage while he checked us in. Well wow...

No comments: