Friday, July 11, 2014

Is the week over yet?

Monday started out well enough but B didn't feel very well and asked, due to a bad cough, to stay home from school. Permission granted but the grocery store was a must, given the non existant supply of food in the house. "Okay," says he. "Can I ride my bike afterward?" Tuesday, B went to school. I went to school (electronically). By the end of Tuesday, my brain was tired. Fortunately, Wednesday, I got to sleep in until 5 am because hubby had an event to attend and so didn't leave for work at his usual 3 am. B missed the morning at school. When I brought him in, I went in to speak to his principal because of an issue we've been having with B's teacher this year. I've done my share of speaking to any number of principals at any number of schools. It's still not my favourite thing, even though, as far as principals go, this one rates up there as one of the best. Thursday, B went on a school trip. He left at 8:15 (meaning I had to drive him to school) and came back at 4:30. No. Make that 5. No. Make that 5:15. Oops. 5:22. Straight on to dance class at 5:45. Home for a late dinner at 6:45. Go pick up the teenager at 9:15 because her school bus had just made it back from a school trip in another country. Just kidding. Still. Today? The plumber is scheduled to come here to fix a problem in the backyard and the general rehearsal for the dance recital takes place tonight. I'm sure I'm skipping over a dozen or so other events and happenings but... Is the week over yet?

No comments: