Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I don't want to be a grown up!


"What's on your list again?" Simone asked.

A long sigh answered her question. "Get my G license; renew my health card; go to the optometrist; get new glasses; renew my passport which means I'll need to get my birth certificate."

"Sounds like a lot," said Simone. Sounded kind of like a normal day to Simone except for the part that all the items on the list addressed the needs of one person as opposed to the needs of an assortment of children, adults and dogs.

"Yeah," agreed the 20 year old. "I think I'm gonna get on my bike and start with the glasses."

"Good idea," said Simone, thinking that applying for one's G license while wearing a pair of glasses with only one arm might be construed as somewhat hazardous.

"I don't want to be a grown-up," sighed the 20 year old.

Simone had to agree with her son. "I'd love to have an executive assistant to do all that bureaucratic stuff for me."

"If you get one, do you think your assistant could get my OHIP card for me?"

Simone laughed. "Only if you don't mind someone else's picture on your card."

"Dang. I thought I had something there..."

No comments: