Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's not even cool!


It's 6 am and a dull, throbbing noise invades the house. The 13 year old's alarm clock is ringing. Fifteen minutes later, he crawls down the stairs, bleary eyed and grumpy and settles himself in front of the family computer.

"What the?" He exclaims. "I can't open up my document."

"Try Pages," suggests Simone.

"That's what I'm doing," he grumbles. "It's not working."

"What program did you originally write your project in?" The main computer is an Apple but all the other ones are PC's.

The 13 year old tells her.

"Hmm," she says judiciously. "You might want to cut the text and paste it in the body of an email then print it."

"I don't have time for this!" he blurts out. "The 11 year old is gonna get in the shower in 20 minutes."

"She'll be fast," says Simone.

"I'm faster at taking a shower," says the 13 year old.

"She'll only be in there 5 to 7 minutes," counters Simone. "That's faster than what you take in the shower."

"That's true," gripes the 13 year old.

"See? You've proved my point," says Simone.

"Argh! I meant that's NOT true! You're taking advantage of me because I'm not awake yet!"

"What else do you expect me to do?"

"That is not even cool!"

Maybe not... but it IS funny.

No comments: