Tuesday, November 18, 2014

And for the grand finale?

For our last night in New Orleans, my father planned dinner at a restaurant that featured live jazz. We had a drink in the hotel lounge before our 7:30pm dinner time and got to watch... live jazz! B was not pleased. "They're loud. I don't like their music. Can I have some earphones?" Fortunately, we did not sit in the lounge/bar very long. We grabbed a taxi ("Yeth!" cheered B "No walking!") and headed to the French Quarter. The restaurant door was locked when we arrived but the owner, sitting at the bar with a group of men, spotted us and opened the door. She welcomed us heartily and soon, we were ordering our food. At 8 pm, the jazz band took the stage. We made several requests, none of which the band knew. Sigh... Their music, however, was excellent - and so was the owner's dancing. Even B enjoyed the music! As we neared the end of the meal, we requested "When the Saints Go Marching In" and the band, although they usually reserve that song for the very end of their performance, accommodated us. The owner danced again - as did my (usually non-dancing) father! I wish I'd been able to film it but B was playing a game on my phone. That particular memory will have to remain engraved in my mind...

No comments: