Monday, November 3, 2014

How much time can you spend housecleaning?

It turns out that not that much time needs to be spent on housecleaning when you've only really been using two rooms... B, still on Canada time, slept until noon in my father's Normandy house, while I swept, dusted, cleaned and put away in preparation of our departure. "I have bad news," I told B when he woke up. "All the books and magazines we bought for you while we were here? They don't fit in the suitcase. You'll have to leave some of them here." "Oh no!" He cried. "Can't we do something?" Since the housecleaning was done, I agreed to go to the grocery store where you can find EVERYTHING and we found a backpack with wheels that would perfectly accommodate all of B's reading material. And then some. "Can I get just one more book? Puh-LEAZE?" "Sure."

No comments: