Friday, February 4, 2011

Jet Lag Kicks In


Simone chatted with her grandmother.

"Are you sure you don't want to nap for a little bit?" Simone's grandmother asked.

Simone, whose transatlantic flight had just arrived that morning, wondered whether her eyes were closing as they spoke. Evidently they were, because the next thing she knew, she was being shaken awake by her aunt.

"C'mon, sleepy head!" Simone's aunt smiled. "I'll bring you back to my place and you can have a sleep for a couple of hours while I make dinner. I promise I'll wake you up."

And, miraculously, that is precisely what happened. Simone then enjoyed wonderful wine and oysters that had been purchased from a distributing machine, if you can imagine. Yes, yes. The very type of machine that distributes chocolate bars or coffee or juice now distributes oysters. It boggles the mind!

And the oysters were de-li-ci-oso! Miam!

No comments: