Thursday, October 16, 2014

From Rock Island to Buffy Sainte Marie Part 3

We dropped the cars off at the airport. My mom left hers in the long term parking while my rental car went back to the lot. B watched me struggling with all the luggage and said, "Can you carry my hat? My hands are full." I lost it and railed the entire way to the airport, refusing to help him carry anything. My mother joined us in front of the airport and I ducked inside to drop off the car keys. When I came back out, we hailed a taxi. "Wait!" B cried as we neared the taxi doors. "I left my butterfly magnet in the car!" Given that I'd hauled three suitcases from the rental car lot to the airport doors while B carried next to nothing, I was NOT inclined to help him over a magnet. "Too bad. Next time, pay attention to your stuff and try to help out a bit more." The result of my ruling? B howled from the airport to the hotel. Sigh. The hotel was lovely though, with a stunning view of Charlottetown. It put us in the mood to explore a bit before dinner. Wait. Dinner. We were scheduled to get to the restaurant for 5:30 and it was already 5:15! Fortunately, we were steps away...

No comments: