Thursday, October 2, 2014

One Direction? Ugh.

B's favourite band is One Direction. This means that his father, wanting to please B, got him two tickets to go see One Direction. Except that said father had no intention of going to see One Direction. Nope. That job was mine. This year, I brought ear plugs. This was a good thing: even with industrial strength ear plugs, I could still hear the band - but it did drown out some of the squealing. The first time we saw the band, I was impressed with their vocal range and stage presence. This time? Not so much. In fact, I kept thinking that they must have bought heavily into the lifestyle because they look jaded. They make an effort to act carefree and friendly onstage but now it seems much less sincere, more of, well, more of an act. So I was not impressed. And given that B kept shouting "Is it over yet?" during the concert, I'm thinking that we will not be informing him the next time a One Direction concert rolls around. Enough torture with too little reward. Let's watch someone worth watching and listening to.

No comments: