Friday, October 24, 2014

So after a 12 hour nap, Rip Van Winkle woke up in France

The traffic noise did not wake me up. B's elbows and knees and feet hitting me did not wake me up. The nearby crowing of roosters did not wake me up. I slept blissfully until noon. "Did you want to go to the swimming pool today, B?" I asked. "There's one at the house?" He asked. "No, we'll have to go for a drive." "Okay." But the municipal pool refused to let B swim in his swim shorts. Those are completely against the rules in France, apparently. Luckily, they had a spare speedo just B's size. "I'm not wearing that," grumbled B. "Okay but then you can't go swimming." He put the Speedo on - and spent TWO hours in the pool. I watched. Then I got tired of watching so I read. And watched. "I like France," declared B when he finally extracted himself from the pool. "They have a nice pool." Indeed.

No comments: