Monday, October 20, 2014

From Rock Island to Buffy Sainte Marie - the home stretch

Right after a most excellent meal at Lot 30 in Charlottetown, we walked over to the pier where the 150th anniversary of the signing of the Canadian Confederation was being held. In a cordoned off area, were food venues, play areas and a large stage facing a lawn. People were already setting up blankets and lawn chairs when we arrived. B immediately veered toward the children's area where a couple of bouncy castles had been set up along with a maze. Inside a tent were craft activities, dress up bins and several foosball type games. For nearly three hours, B had a blast! My mom found a bench on the periphery of the lawn and took up shop, waiting for the concert to start. The place filled quickly and, thanks to large screens, the concert could easily be viewed from almost any vantage point. After the concert, we meandered back to our hotel where I realized I'd made a mistake on my departure time. I did not have to leave at 9 am as I'd previously thought: I had all day in Charlottetown the next day! Hmmmmm.... Some shopping might be in order (if only I'd brought a larger suitcase!)

No comments: